Traveler Kitchen is one of the restaurants that I stop by for lunch during my trip to Taiwan, located in Taichung city, recommended by a friend.
The restaurant served German style menu, and I can’t miss a few unique features or services that caught my interest, unlike other typical restaurants.
1. The place wasn’t very spacious but its a four storey high building and each level has its own theme, each level holds around 20- 25 guests, depending on the table configurations
2. My family were greeted by the friendly hosts dressed in unique characters and wearing the their names tags, so that you can distinguish which characters are they. Can you guess who?
I would like to compliment the waitress dress as red riding hood patiently bring us to the table while we were curiously exploring the place. As a first timer to their restaurant, she show no signs of reluctance and describe each and every dishes in the menu, at the same time recommends the dishes base on the taste and whether the dishes is suitable for kids and seniors.
3. Even the menus are designed with different themes, e.g knights menu, wolf menu.. Etc… But of coz the dishes are the same, else I have hard time reading thru the different menus and make a decision.
4. As its a German style restaurant, thus not forgetting its unique German decorations.
5. Now comes the best part, food! The photos should be self explanatory. ^_^
I did not combine these into one pic mainly because it looks tasty in its own shots, isn’t it?
6. Last but not least, they offer a complimentary service to post their post card to you, anywhere in the world.
Just take a piece of their post card, scribble and place it in the mailbox.
Refer to its address in my post card photo, else it’s official website but note that it’s a Chinese site.
A quick glance of it’s menu here
Valentine Day is over but love is still in the air. Night lights photography is interesting when you are taking shots of lights at the background, out of focus, shot with a wide aperture, they will transform into magical and picturesque soft balls of light or bokeh in photography terms. Below record some simple steps, on how to turn the soft balls to lovely heart shapes, without burning your pockets.
1. Using recycled magazine cover, I trace the end of my lens and cut out a bokeh disc and heart shape by hand.
2. It was my 1st attempt, thus may not fit well, i have to trim the sides in order to make the disc fit. :p notice the uneven edges. Personally, i am not good at art and craft. lol… Alternative you can provide some allowance and use tape to secure the disc.
3. Finally, I open up my 2.8f, ISO 100 and start to take my test shots. Lucky for me, i am thankful there’s a mini garden setup up and decorated by volunteered senior citizens with led lights. In this case, I do not have to travel too far to find suitable lights for my testing.
4. Next step, to refine and try out other shapes.
Happy Valentine 2013 ^_−☆ 💖
To everyone celebrating Lunar New Year, Happy Lunar New Year!!
The closest possible name found: Daybreak Red Stripe Gazania
Taiwan is not all about authentic/traditional cuisines. There are quite a number of “No Menu” style restaurants out there which offer quite nice dishes. However they may be quite remote to find coz it may not be near the city areas. Recommend by a friend, I’ve requested my driver to drive us to LIVE restaurant (LIVE餐廳,LIVE食尚藝廊,宜蘭美食餐廳) @ Yilan, Taiwan. Each pax cost around 600 NT which is quite a fair deal considering restaurant dinning. The chef demonstrated creativity and food was serve in timely manner so that you wouldn’t be waiting for the next dish.
If there’s any other no menu restaurant you know of, do share with me.
Best of friends;
Are they looking at the same thing?
Are they waiting for something?
Are they just posing for a shot?
Are they expecting something?
Exactly what are they looking at?
Depending on how they were arranged, another way to look at a different perspective.
“ If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.”
― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden